The Treasurer acts as the chief financial officer of the chapter and manages all of the cash, bank accounts and financial records for the chapter. This includes recording and depositing program fees, issuing and signing checks for approved expenses and obtaining the signature of a co‐signer, preparing regular financial reports, filing any reports required by federal or state government, ensuring that annual budgets are prepared and monitored. Arrange annual audit.
- Maintain accurate records of the chapter’s financial status.
- Deposit all money received by the chapter in the chapters’ accounts.
- Pay all bills approved by the chapter’s board of directors.
- Review the financial status of previous years while drafting the annual budget.
- Audit or review records annually and upon departure from the office.
- Provide detailed report of fiscal accounts and contacts to be forwarded to next treasurer.
- Work with committees to identify non‐dues sources of revenue.
- Submit monthly financial reports and annual financial report to the board of directors for review
- Help prepare annual budget.
- Establish a chapter checking account and obtain pertinent signature cards and resolutions inappropriate institution per chapter policy.
- Assure that all receipts and disbursements are recorded consistent with the appropriate accounting conventions currently in practice.
- Assure that the chapter officers are appropriately bonded and insured.
- Seek new chapter members; assist in fundraising efforts.
- Serve as a full voting member of the board and advise various committees, as assigned.
- Responsible for transitioning and educating incoming Treasurer on roles/responsibilities and other pertinent documents
- Organizational skills
- Budget development and financial management skills; familiarity with accounting processes
- Intermediate Excel skills (graphs, charts, etc)
- Member in good standing with chapter for a least one year
Term of Office
- Two (2) Years
- Average 7‐10 hours per month
- Miss no more than 2 board of directors meetings annually
- Highly encouraged to attend all events, with requested attendance at Cocktails with the Chief, Gala, Past President’s Boat Ride and Holiday Party, and other functions as necessary.
- Provide active support and involvement to the Finance and Gala/Sponsorship Committee