Please join us at our 2021 Annual Frank Camerano Memorial Dinner and Lecture honoring the legacy of Frank Camerano. His contributions to the healthcare industry, our community, and his commitment to students and emerging professionals are immeasurable.
Topic: Career Positioning: Strategically Mapping Your Early Career Development
6:00pm-7:00pm : Registration/Networking
7:00pm-7:30pm: Introduction/Opening Remarks
7:30pm-9:00pm: Panel Discussion
Fred S. Sganga is Executive Director of the Long Island State Veterans Home at Stony Brook University, a 350-bed Skilled Nursing Facility serving honorably discharged veterans and their families. Board certified in Health Care Management and a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator, Mr. Sganga has worked in a variety of senior level healthcare positions in academic medical centers, community hospitals, long-term care facilities and physician practice management. Mr. Sganga earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Community Health from Hunter College and his Masters of Public Health from Columbia University.
Mr. Sganga serves as an adjunct professor in the Graduate Healthcare Administration Programs at Stony Brook University and Hofstra University. He lectures extensively on the topics of Healthcare Leadership, Long-Term Care Management and Ambulatory Care Services. He recently completed a three-year term as ACHE Regent representing the Greater New York area and is also on the faculty of the American College of Healthcare Executives. In addition, Mr. Sganga serves as the First Vice President for the National Association of State Veterans Homes and is a Board Member of the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners.
Mr. Sganga has received numerous awards during his career including the 2000 Award of Distinction from the Metropolitan Health Administration Association, the 2004 Community Recognition Award from the Veterans Administration for his commitment and dedication to our nation’s veterans, the 2005 “Man of the Year in Healthcare” from Stony Brook’s Three Village Times Herald newspaper and 2008 MHA Program Professor of the Year from Hofstra
**Due to limited seating for this event, please register early to reserve your spot.**
Photo/Video Disclaimer Policy: By registering for this event, you agree to allow HLNY to use any photograph/video taken at the event, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. HLNY may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by HLNY including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, magazines, websites, etc.
Any person desiring not to have their photo taken or distributed must contact us of his/her intentions. HLNY may decide to remove the photo or conceal the identification of the individual in question.
Please click HERE to review our COVID-19 safety protocols prior to arrival!
HLNY’s in-person reopening policy:
- Received full COVID-19 vaccination: You must be at least 14 days after your second dose of the Pfizer-BioNtech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine or at least 14 days after your single dose of the Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine at the day of the event.
- Evidence of vaccination must be presented for admission
- Excelsior verification
- CDC Vaccination Card (actual card or photo accepted)
- Must wear well-fitting masks that fit completely over nose and mouth at all times, even for those who are vaccinated. Please bring a mask to the Event, HLNY will not provide masks and will not allow entry without one. If you are seated at a table or eating/drinking they can be removed.
- Temperatures will be taken
- Maintain social distancing when possible
- Please do not attend if you have COVID-19 symptoms or traveled outside of the United States within 14 days.
- If you have any questions regarding the vaccination requirement for attending HLNY’s event, kindly contact info@HLNY.org
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation requests made within 72 hours of the event will not receive a refund. Please contact us http://hlny.org/contact if you have questions about our cancellation policy
This and all our programs and events are made possible by the generosity of our 2020-2021 HLNY Corporate Sponsors who are ardent supporters of the healthcare executive profession.