The Chapter Board Members at Large act as the leaders of the Local Planning Councils for their respective geographies. They also are liaisons to the board for the areas they represent and serve the board and the Program and other committees as needed.
- Organize, and lead/chair their respective Local Planning Councils
- Recruit members for their respective Local Planning Councils (can select up to 2 members who live or work in their geographic area).
- Plan and execute at least two (2) face to face education programs in their territory each year
- Serve as primary spokesperson for the chapter within territory
- Promote and market the chapter to area healthcare executives
- Drive member participation at events and increase exposure to potential members
- Serve as a full voting member of the board
- Seek new chapter members; assist in fundraising efforts
- Responsible for transitioning and educating incoming Board Member at Large on roles/responsibilities and other pertinent documents
- Each Member at Large will be an active member of the Program Committee; Members of the Local Planning Council will be used as a resource for topic selection, speaker selection, and venue selection
- Organizational, time management, and administrative skills
- Member in good standing with chapter for a least one year
Term of Office
- Two (2) Years
- Average 7‐10 hours per month
- Attend the ACHE Chapter leaders conference and Congress
- Miss no more than 2 board of directors meetings annually
- Highly encouraged to attend all events, with requested attendance at Cocktails with the Chief, Gala, Past President’s Boat Ride and Holiday Party, and other functions as necessary.
- Provide active support and involvement to the Membership and Program Committees