- Fulfill the functions of the Program Committee
- Organize and manage education programs and special events for the chapter.
- Select, invite, and follow up with faculty/speakers to ensure their participation at events.
- Research sites for events and follow through on all of the obligations of the contract made with the site at which the program will be held.
- Recruit, retain, and direct the committee members; work with Members at Large in relation to the Local Planning Councils
- Conduct monthly meetings.
- Participate in annual planning and budgeting process.
- Seek new chapter members; assist in fundraising efforts
- Responsible for transitioning and educating incoming Program Chair on roles/responsibilities and other pertinent documents
- Participate in monthly Committee Chair calls and will be expected to report out on event strengths and weaknesses
- Work directly with Membership Chair on all HLNY programs and events
- Provide active support to other committees and work in collaboration with other committee chairs
- Own, maintain, distribute and advise board of programming activities with at least 3 months of advance planning
- Accountable for making sure that HLNY meets annual chapter obligation of holding at minimum 2 educational and 2 networking events
- Responsible for completion and submission of Face-to-Face and qualified education credit applications no less than 8 weeks in advance of programs
- Responsible for obtaining speaker gifts with financial approval from Treasurer
- Organize speaker no less than 1 speaker prep call within 2-4 weeks of the event. Program Chair will determine whether additional calls are needed, based on topic and panel
- Research and maintain a database of potential speakers not limited to the New York area
- Present at least 3 options of high profile speakers for board approval
- Oversees EventBrite website as it relates to event registration
- Will inform EventBrite manager if waived admission is required
- Creates name badges and ensures that they bring name badges to event; makes indication on badges for new members
- Responsible for bringing and removing signage at all events.
- If event is a Face to Face event, ensures that proper reading materials and sign in sheets are at registration desk
- Will confirm food and beverages for the events in accordance with the budget
- Creates name tents for speakers and ensures that they are brought to event
- Will ensure all technology needs and space needs are set for the event.
- Works with Marketing Committee to create event specific brochures that includes speaker names, bios, and sponsors if applicable
- Organizational, time management, and administrative skills
- Member in good standing with chapter for a least one year
Term of Office
- One (1) Year
- Average 10 hours per month
- Miss no more than 2 board of directors meetings annually
- Highly encouraged to attend all events, with requested attendance at Cocktails with the Chief, Gala, Past President’s Boat Ride and Holiday Party, and other functions as necessary.