The Secretary is the officer who maintains the records, policies, minutes and other official documents for the organization.
- Record minutes of all chapter meetings and email copy of minutes to board of directors within two weeks of each meeting after receipt of President and/or President-Elect approval
- Maintain an ongoing record of minutes and other official documents of the chapter
- Responsible for all official chapter communication to chapter members, i.e. notification of upcoming events, changes in bylaws, new officers, newsletters, membership fees, etc.
- Assist president‐elect with elections as per the chapter bylaws.
- Responsible for the Communication and Marketing functions working closely with the Marketing Director.
- Seek new chapter members; assist in fundraising efforts
- Serve as a full voting member of the board and advise various committees, as assigned.
- Responsible for transitioning and educating incoming Secretary on roles/responsibilities and other pertinent documents
- Organizational, time management, and administrative skills
- Member in good standing with chapter for a least one year
Term of Office
- One (1) Year
- Average 10 hours per month
- Attend the ACHE Chapter leaders conference and Congress
- Miss no more than 2 board of directors meetings annually
- Highly encouraged to attend all events, with requested attendance at Cocktails with the Chief, Gala, Past President’s Boat Ride and Holiday Party, and other functions as necessary.
- Provide active support and involvement to all Committees