The Chapter President is the lead officer of an ACHE Chapter and is responsible for calling and presiding at Board meetings as well as providing direction and coordination to other Officers, Chairs, and members of the chapter.
- Monitor the progress of chapter goals and objectives as set forth in the strategic plan.
- Stay current with all new ACHE information and policies and coordinate the dissemination of this information to chapter members who are ACHE affiliates.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for the chapter within their community and as a liaison with ACHE.
- Preside over all business meetings of chapter and board of directors.
- Conduct meetings, formulate ideas, and delegate responsibility.
- Communicate effectively on all levels and seize any opportunity to positively represent the organization at meetings or social functions that would benefit the chapter and/or ACHE.
- Uphold the chapter’s policies and procedure handling problems, and address issues among chapter members.
- Prepare and communicate a final written report of the year’s activities, which includes recommendations for the following year.
- Mentor and prepare the president‐elect.
- Inform ACHE of upcoming programs/recruitments efforts as requested by Regional Services
- Write a “President’s Message” in chapter newsletters.
- Ensure all chapter policies and procedures are clear and communicated to all members.
- Seek new chapter members; assist in fundraising efforts
- Serve as a full voting member of the board and advise various committees, as assigned.
- Conducts monthly officers meetings.
- Responsible for transitioning and educating incoming President on roles/responsibilities and other pertinent documents
- Previous board experience and proven dedication to the chapter
- Communication, leadership, and organizational skills
- Member in good standing with chapter for a least one year
Term of Office
- Two (2) Year commitment: a year as President and a year as Immediate Past‐President
- Average 10-15 hours per month
- Attend the ACHE Chapter leaders conference and Congress
- Miss no more than 2 board of directors meetings annually
- Highly encouraged to attend all events, with requested attendance at Cocktails with the Chief,
- Gala, Past President’s Boat Ride and Holiday Party, and other functions as necessary.
- Chairs the Nominating, Bylaws and Senior Advisory Committee