May 21st, 2020 at 4:00 PM ET.
This Webinar is the second part of an ACHE Diversity and Inclusion 5-part free Executive Diversity Career Navigator Webinar Series, “Navigating Your Career through COVID-19… and Beyond.” Each 45-minute free webinar will be an interactive session designed to start a conversation and build community for diverse healthcare management professionals. After each webinar, participants will be able to continue the dialogue and connect with other diverse healthcare leaders via EDCN.
Follow Like A Leader: How to be an Indispensable Team Member in a Crisis Environment—and Beyond: every successful leader first learned how to be a valued follower. In times of crisis management, knowing how to strategically follow will help early and mid-careerists learn important skills to benefit their careers now and later. This interactive session will identify key attributes to help make you an indispensable team member and help you avoid career-limiting missteps common in a crisis setting. Leveraging the COVID-19 crisis to hone followship skills now will help you become a better leader when you’re at the helm.
The webinar’s exceptional presenters, Frank Hurtarte, SVP Human Resources at Kaiser Permanente Southern California Region and Nicole J Radford, Director of Laboratory Services, SwedishAmerican Health System, will cover key points:
• For early and mid-careerists, what attributes are essential to thrive in a crisis-management workplace?
• How can early and mid-careerists be prepared to step into an impromptu leadership role in an emergency situation?
• What are the top 3 career-limiting missteps to avoid in a crisis-management work environment?
• How can participants lead at any level through crisis?
• As healthcare organizations make tough decisions in the post-pandemic environment, what can diverse healthcare management professionals do to help make themselves indispensable?