REGISTRATION FORM AT BOTTOM OF PAGE.
We truly believe that ACHE/HLNY Student Associate membership is an eye and door-opening experience. In this Higher Education Network (HEN) Info Session, HLNY President-Elect Sam Lin, Director of ACHE’s Career Resource Center Gina LaMantia, and ACHE Regent – New York Maureen Doran will discuss the opportunities associated with ACHE Student membership overall as well as how HLNY helps students locally in the tri-state area.
Gina LaMantia will also walk through CareerEdge SE (student edition). CareerEDGE SE is a complimentary career management tool specially designed for student associates of ACHE. Provides members a tool to career navigation and development.
Overall ACHE/HLNY Career Support
- Local networking opportunities, in-person or virtually, bring students and professionals together and create valuable connections. Students gain insight from professionals and professionals can assist students in the beginning stages of career through securing introductions and interviews
- ACHE CareerEDGE, a tool that provides resources such as assessments, sample resumes, and career-planning processes to prepare students for the healthcare marketplace
- Access to various postgraduate fellowship applications
- Access to the job board
- Additional services offered (at cost through ACHE): Resume review, Interview prep, Mentorship Program
Continuous Education Benefits
- Reduced registration fee for Congress on Healthcare Leadership
- Reduced rate for seminars, webinars and self-study courses
- Complimentary subscription to ACHE publications and e-newsletters
- Financial assistance is available through scholarships, of which up to 15 are awarded per year
HLNY transitioned to virtual events for 2020 in light of ongoing precautions related to COVID-19. However, there are still some Professional Development opportunities to engage remotely such as:
- ACHE Members/Student Associates are no longer geographically bound. While we provide unique opportunities to connect with healthcare professionals in the tri-state area, Members/Student Associates can attend virtual events from ACHE Chapters around the country and network with their members without stepping out of their doors.
- Playing on the same theme, virtual events allow students and young professionals to explore areas of interest without significant investment such as the cost and time of travel.
- At HLNY, we firmly believe that the wide range of topics and the expertise of our panelists in HLNY’s past and upcoming virtual events continue to provide great personal and professional learning experiences as we learn to coexist with COVID-19.
Maureen Doran, MBA, MS, FACHE
ACHE Regent – New York
Vice President Network Development at Westchester Medical Center, a member of WMCHealth
ACHE’s Director of the Career Resource Center