The Chapter President‐elect generally assists and fills in for the chapter president, as needed. This position will ensure a smooth leadership transition by learning the President’s responsibilities before becoming Chapter President.
- Assume the office of president at the expiration of the president’s term or earlier if the office becomes vacant for any reason (based on chapter bylaws).
- Conduct meetings, formulate ideas, and delegate responsibility.
- Communicate effectively on all levels and seize any opportunity to positively represent the organization at meetings or social functions that would benefit the chapter and/or ACHE.
- Responsible for orientation of new board members.
- Seek new chapter members; assist in fundraising efforts.
- Work closely with current president throughout the year as preparation for chapter President.
- Lead the annual strategic retreat and compile the annual work plan and budget.
- Serve as a full voting member of the board and advise various committees, as assigned.
- Conduct monthly committee chair calls (which include event report outs)
- Responsible for transitioning and educating incoming President-Elect on roles/responsibilities and other pertinent documents
- Previous board experience and proven dedication to the chapter
- Communication, leadership, and organizational skills
- Member in good standing with chapter for a least one year Term of Office
- Three (3) Year commitment: a year as President‐elect; a year as President; a year as Immediate Past‐President Time
- Average 15-20 hours per month
- Attend the ACHE Chapter leaders conference and Congress
- Miss no more than 2 board of directors meetings annually
- Highly encouraged to attend all events, with requested attendance at Cocktails with the Chief, Gala, Past President’s Boat Ride and Holiday Party, and other functions as necessary. Committee Responsibilities
- Provide active support and involvement to all committee chairs