In 2015, HLNY sponsored the American Brain Tumor Association by running in its BT5K challenge and joined its mission to advance the understanding and treatment of brain tumors with the goals of improving, extending and ultimately saving the lives of those impacted by a brain tumor diagnosis.
Please join HLNY and the American Brain Tumor Association in the fight against brain cancer by clicking this link: http://hope.abta.org/site/TR?team_id=36473&fr_id=3500&pg=team#.WBNxf-ErK35
Did you know?
- There are nearly 700,000 people in the U.S. living with a brain tumor.
- More than 500 people will be diagnosed TODAY with a brain tumor.
- most common cancer among those age 0-19 (leukemia is the second).
- leading cause of cancer-related deaths in children (males and females) age 1-19 (leukemia is the second).Brain tumors are the
- There are more than 120 different types of tumors.
Founded in 1973, the American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA) was the first national nonprofit organization dedicated solely to brain tumors for all age groups and all tumor types. For 40 years, the ABTA has been providing comprehensive resources that support the complex needs of brain tumor patients and caregivers, as well as the critical funding of research in the pursuit of breakthroughs in brain tumor diagnosis, treatment, and ca